I didn't want to bombard the forum with lots of random questions as I thought it would be annoying to people with my inexperience and I am sorry these might sound so (common sense like), but any help is appreciated!
The questions I have are;
- What reinforcement material is best to use on wallets and card holders? I seem to have problems when putting polyester as a reinforcement because it's hard to edge paint when it frails (I think that's the right word)? or it's just annoying to use in my opinion ( doesn't feel very slick after I use it)
- What thickness should I be looking at when making wallets? or even card holders for that matter, I always end up going too thin, too thick? for example, do all the wallet components have to be the same width? or is the (money) slot supposed to be bigger than the card holder parts? Always confuses me.
- What is a good tool to use for folding corners? I have tired quite a few little tools to "pull pinch, pull pinch) the leather as i go around the corners but they just never seem to grip?
- Are their any tips when glueing the leather with PVA glue? Even when I am going carefully I still somehow seem to get the PVA onto the skin due to it moving around or just I don't even know how, and then it is near impossible to remove if it is pigmented, or is that just me being stupid and not knowing how to remove the PVA in the little pumps and creases?
- Why on earth does my skiving machine get clogged up with leather after i've skived, like i'll have to turn off the machine, look inside and pull the skived leather pieces away from the blade and surrounding areas? Or is that part and parcel of the skiving machine?
- What products do you use to finish your leather? giving it a nice shine and nice look? Saphir?
Also if there's too many questions for this post sorry, and I will happily spread them out over different topics.